View Single Post
November 14th, 2009, 03:52 AM
It all started the first weekend of senior year of college. I am 19 years old and graduating in May. I met my current boyfriend that week, as he is a freshman also age 19. We started hanging out and decided it was time to date. Not thinking clearly one night in September he and I decided to have sex, without a condem. I didn't think anything of it, i couldn't get pregnant, so I thought. I was on the pill. I already had one child and gave him up for adoption [he's 4 now].
After we had sex things started to change we fought more and didn't see eye to eye on many things so we started to see less of each other. The Friday before Homecoming I realized i didn't have my "girl time" and was a week late and started to freak out. I didn't tell him because we weren't talking at this time. I called the doctor and requested a pregnacy test. They told me to come in that afternoon and they would take care of me. I thought i'm just late, i'm not pregnant. I went alone because I didn't think I had anything to worry about. I sat in the waiting room waiting for them to call my name so i could get the test over with and continue on with the Homecoming festivites. they called my name and i went back. They asked me a million questions, questions I wasn't prepared for. I took the test and waited for the doctor to read the results to me, it seemed like hours. I started to get scared, how would i tell him i was pregnant, how would i tell my parents. would anyone care. the questions kept running threw my head. I debated texting him and asking what he would do if we did get pregnant but i never got the guts to do it. The doctor finally came in. He looked normal, like nothing he had to say was going to change my life forever. he finally said, your pregnant. The two words i didn't want to hear were becoming a reality. I was pregnant. As I drove back to campus i played it over and over in my head how i was going to tell him. I didn't want to tell him over a text message that seemed to cruel, i didn't want to call him and i didn't want to tell him face to face but i had to. I called him and told him that we needed to talk, and it was important. he came over to my dorm and I told him I was pregnant. he freaked out on me and walked out. he barely would talk to me let alone look at me. It was really hard. This went on for about a week. A week later i was sitting in my room doing homework when he text me asking me to be his girl. He said that he'd been thinking about it and he wanted to do this together, he wanted to raise our baby together and be a family. From that point on we were together.
We've been planning, focusing, and it's finally sunk in that we're going to be parents.
Last weekend, after a fall, and some bleeding i was rushed to the emergency room, It was the scariest day of my life. He wasn't around and I was scared that I was going to lose my baby. They did an ultra sound to make sure everything was okay and they found out that we're expecting twins. I was scared out of my mind when they told me this, but he is thrilled. We are due in June of 2010...

to be continued....