View Single Post
November 17th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Platinum Super Mommy
I'm glad to see you here Teresa! All of your questions are valid and honest concerns. As for convincing DH, I found that with my DH who was also opposed, that once he met with our actual HB midwife, that he became much more open the idea. He was able to ask them about their experience and background, ask all his "what if" questions, and get to know them. Once we left our initial consult, he was on board with my desire for a homebirth. I defintiely urge you to see out some possibilities and then have consults with them. Hopefully DH wil learn a bit more about the process and whatnot. My DH had a very uneducated view about homebirth (what man doesn't to begin with). He didn't realize that midwives (the ones I used at least) were RNs, that they could write scripts, do lab work, have emergency equipment at the birth, etc. Once he realized all of that, he was much more comfortable with the idea.

As for Hemorrhaging. Definitely a valid concern. Its also something you'd have to discuss with your midwife. Each midwife carries different supplies to prevent and treat hemorrhaging. Some midwives will have you take different supplements and homeopathics during your pregnancy to help prevent it.

As for gestational diabetes, its certainly something that your midwife could test for and monitor. I don't have any experience with it, so I don't feel like I can give you that much advice.

Good luck with your journey. I do hope that you find a care provider that respects your religious views and your family. I think that no matter what birth choices you have, that every woman deserves that much.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!