View Single Post
May 5th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Veteran
Oh My

I felt like I was reading about my own life while I was reading your post.

Tyler just turned 9 yesterday and has ADHD, his mom lost custody of him when he was 4, but just recently (xmas time) has been granted visitation unsupervised. We have a 1 year old together and Tyler has lunged at him on several occasions and his reason when asked about it is he makes me mad. He was throwing toys on the ground (he's a baby for god sakes). My SO is very supportive of what we are trying to do to gain control of Tyler. He threw a chair at me last summer and threw a pen at his baby brothers face. He was not allowed to be around him unsupervised for a very long time and that hurt him. I can sympathize with the whole getting money to drink milk. Tyler's mom pays him to get dressed and have a shower. Hellooooo he's 9 years old, this is just common sense stuff, not rocket science. Sometimes I feel like SO just gives in to Tyler and his mother just to keep them both quiet and we end up paying for it in the end with a huge attitude. He lives with us and we provide EVERYTHING for him she pays nothing and yet he idolizes her, she is some sort of goddess, without any parenting skills.

Sorry to ramble on, I didn't mean to hijack your post. I just wanted to let you know we have similar situations and if you need to talk let me know.

Hugs
Becky

Heart Rate
Dec 11/07 - 173 - 10 wks
Feb 13/08 - 146 - 20 wks
Mar 11/08 - 152 - 24 wks