View Single Post
November 21st, 2009, 03:16 PM
n/a
First I would like to say HI FIONA! I had no idea this board existed until I saw the link in your siggy

My son recently turned 5 months and I wanted to start feeding him solids soon (at 6 months). I have no idea how to do this and am kind of freaking out about it (sad, huh? lol). My questions are:

What do I start with. Rice cereal? Oatmeal? Other cereal? Do I give it to him in a bowl or feed it to him in a bottle?

When do I introduce fruit/veggies? As in, can I right away or should I wait a week or something after I start the cereal?

How much cereal? How often? How much fruit/veggies? How often?

When do I introduce a new food? Do I only give him one food for a week and then introduce another? I seem to remember reading something like that.

Are there are vitamins or something I need to give him? Fluoride drops or vitamin D? I think the ped will discuss this with us at his 6 month appt, but I am feeling overwhelmed.

What about water? Do you give you baby water? In a sippy cup? I read somewhere a 6 month old should use a sippy cup. I thought only bigger kids did that not babies.

Last question - what time of day should I offer him solids? Right now he wakes to eat around 5am, is up for the day at 7 or 9, and then he will not eat again until 11. He just isn't hungry no matter how much I try.

If anyone can answer any or all of my questions I would be most grateful. I am getting all weird about my baby growing up Too bad the booby isn't always enough.