View Single Post
November 25th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So I should have force fed my son my breastmilk even though he was lactose intolerant and it was making him sick? Some women do have excuses, some don't really have excuses. Some reasons why breast isn't best really are valid. I would have loved to have breastfed my son and couldn't, negative replies that label reasons for not breastfeeding as an "excuse" really can be hurtful to some people. For women who just don't want to.. I don't agree with it, but in the end they're the ones who gave birth to that child, do you really have any right to judge their methods of parenting?

My opinion is that if you need to do what works. If breastfeeding works for you great, if it doesn't I don't think that mom or anyone else needs to beat mommy up for that. My son is thriving now on formula when he couldn't on my milk. There's no stress because he's not sick all the time. For my next child I will absolutely give it another try (even if that means I'm pumping around the clock) and pray it works, but if it doesn't I'm not going to let it get to me through myself or anyone else.

How can you honestly tell me that "breast is best" 100% of the time? Didn't mean for this to sound extremely angry, and maybe it does.. but this topic gets to me because I know a few women who were in my situation that caught a lot of crap for not breastfeeding when they flat out could not.