View Single Post
November 30th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I didn't have a homebirth but a center birth....but I will be able to tell you what I did decide to test on and didn't....

I didn't do any extra screenings as far as the baby is concerned...I got one ultrasound and that was it...(that was the same for all pregnancies I've had...outside of an ob doing things differently on my first two I had two u/s)....

I DID get the GD and GBS tests done...with the GD I got it cause they did it differently than my OB had in my past...it was VERY accurate (IMO) compared to drinking the glucose drink the OB did...I had to have a large meal and then just pricked my finger and checked my levels like any diabetic would...not the viles and viles of blood and the nasty ultra sugary drink...I would have declined that if it was going to be that...

as for the strep test (GBS)...I DID do that even though I didn't want to...because she said that if I declined it...and IF i got transferred to the hospital and there was no proof that I was GBS-then they'd assume I was GBS+ and I'd have antibiotics if it was unknown...so I went ahead with that test to prevent additional intervention in the case of a hospital birth.

that was it though...one u/s...the GD test...and GBS test...oh and in the beginning of my pregnancy I did the routine blood testing (mine) where I had to go by a lab and have them done...not sure what all that tests for...but I did do that....

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.