View Single Post
December 1st, 2009, 06:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
When Reid was born my older sons were at their Dad's an my daughter was sleeping because I labored during the middle of the night. He was born at 8:30 and she woke up shortly after, saw the baby and then said she wanted breakfast

When Eleanor was born I labored for most of the day with Evelyn (3) and Reid (1) present. We ran errands and in general just kept busy and away from the house. When my labor really kicked in we had some friends over to watch the kids. They went to bed around 7 and Eleanor was born at 8:50. When I started to push my midwife asked if we wanted to wake the kids but I chose to let them sleep until she was born and Evelyn met her only moments later and tried to climb in the tub with us.

I love having my kids close during labor as long as they have a specific person there to just tend to them. That way I don't have to worry about getting them snacks, entertaining them, etc.