View Single Post
December 7th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Our anniversary was the best getaway ever! Anyone who lives in Washington State needs to make a trip to La Conner and stay at the Wild Iris Inn there. But get the room with the indoor jacuzzi tub! It was great. It's right off of the main street and you can walk straight from your room to the main street where all the shopping is! Lots of cute shops including a tea shop and an olive shop that gives samples, a shop with these cute tutus for little girls. I wanted to buy one but didn't have enough money(thinking about making onbe now!) they were really cute, lol. I also really enjoyed the lamp shop. They actually had two leg lamps like from Christmas Story that they made themselves. They are like $500 but we are considering going back one day to buy one! Both me and Seth grew up watching that movie so it would be a perfect Christmas decoration for us, lol. Seth loves olives so the olive shop was perfect for him! The couple that run the inn are SO nice. They make you feel like you are at home. If you don't want to get up early for breakfast she will still make you a take along breakfast. They had yogurt parfaits that were amazing. We ended up asking her what type of yogurt it was so we can make them at home. My new favorite yogurt! And something that will make a great breakfast when I'm pregnant! I usually have an issue eating anything in the morning. It usually makes me sick, but this stuff was awesome! They also leave you cookies in your room daily. And their cookies are amazing. You can order wine to your room too, but we didn't. We brought my favorite wine with and they leave wine glasses in the room, so we sat in the jacuzzi tub and drank some wine. And let me tell ya, it's really too bad I wasn't Oing because I'm sure I would be pregnant, haha. The beds are amazing. We normally sleep on a queen size mattress so it was amazing to sleep in a King. There were a total of 11 pillows on the bed! And they give you a REAL comforter to use instead of those crummy plastic feeling ones you find at regular hotels. There was an HD TV and we ended up bringing Gilmore Girls Season 6 and 7 to watch. And yes for some odd reason DH does like the gilmore girls, I don't know many other guys that do. lol.

Anyways, I just wanted to post and tell everyone about our wonderful anniversary! We are planning to make it into a tradition and we are going back next year for our 4th anniversary!

OH! If you ever visit la conner go to seeds for lunch. They had awesome clam chowder and cod fish and chips. I decided to order something alcoholic since DH was drinking beer(only $4.50!! Thats cheap for beer at a restaurant compared to where we live) . I ended up ordering a "Hot Flash Sparkler" It was AWESOME. And I don't normally like it when the alcohol taste is strong. I guess its because they used good alcohol? I'm not sure. But it was REALLY good! And had me pretty buzzed, lol.

9-2009. 10-2009. 3-2012. 5-2012. 8-2012.

My Ovulation Chart

My blog: http://www.homemakerontheverge.blogspot.com/