Topic: ****sigh****
View Single Post
May 9th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
First

You're right the saying goes, "sometimes things have to hit rock bottom before they get better". I know it seems like "when it rains, it pours" too. I've been there and I totally sympathize with you!! Things will get better. I wish I could offer more insight than that, but I've never personally battled bipolar disease. However my step-son does - so I do live with someone who is bipolar. It's rough on all parties involved. It's tough on you, the kids, your parents, your friends - everyone that matters to you suffers b/c you're suffering.

I wish I knew what to tell you to do about your work issues. Personally, I just don't think they know how to handle the situation. I mean it's legit reasons for missing work but it's not like a visable disease that they can "see".. this is something you carry internally that can't be seen. I got crap from an ex-employer one time. I worked ALL the dern time and I wore a girdle for back support as well as looking nice is my dress clothes. Well as a result of that I caused gastrointestinal problems for myself. For two weeks I vomited and had a severe case of diahrea. I couldn't keep anything down and was very dehydrated. My mom took me to the Doctor's after a week of not being able to keep anything in my system. They diagnosed me with gastrointeritis (effects your lower intestines). I took my doctor's note to my employer and she thought it said that I had "gas" and that it wasn't an appropriate work excuse and that I better be to work the next day or I wouldn't have a job. Guess what? I didn't go back and I lost my job over her not being able to understand my diagnosis. Sometimes people are just stupid and there isn't anything you can do or say.

I wish you much luck with resolving your problems and I'm always here to listen!!

GOD, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference ~ Amen.

My Myspace & Yahoo 360*