View Single Post
December 14th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Veteran
I just came across this forum today, and I know you wrote this a while back. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for the loss of your Dad. My Dad died 10 years ago from Leukemia at 53. It was almost a sense of relief for me, because he was on life support for a week, and it was very traumatic to watch his body struggle. I have lived most of my adult life without him, and his death has changed me in ways I'm sure I don't fully comprehend. My daughter was born in September of 2008, and I find myself worrying constantly about her and my husband. It's a harsh reality when you lose someone so close, and it really opens your eyes that horrible things do happen.

I wish at times that I had faith, but I am an Atheist. It would be nice to think that my Dad is watching out for me, and somehow knows what's going on in my life. I was very close to him, and I try to live my life as if he was watching...to make him proud. It gives me a sense that he lives on, and it is comforting. I can't wait to tell my daughter about her Grandpa Stewart and what an awesome person he was.