View Single Post
December 14th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Regular
No... I had kind of heard about it when I was pregnant with my first, but I didn't think it was something that anyone actually chose to do- it didn't seem like a real option. I did want a natural, very non interventionist birth though, and while it could have been a heckuva lot worse, it was really not the birth I wanted and I felt awful about it for a long time afterward.

It wasn't until I was pregnant with my son that I realized that it was impossible to have the birth I wanted in a hospital setting, even if I did fight for it. The further the pregnancy progressed, the more terrified I got of having to go back, and I started seriously exploring alternatives. So at that point, homebirth became more real, and we switched to a midwife somewhere around 7 or 8 months along, and went on to have a lovely homebirth.

Now I'm the opposite-- something would have to be seriously not right to get me to have my kids in a hospital!