View Single Post
December 16th, 2009, 03:00 PM
formerly wiseg2
Hello, I'm due in March and am getting more and more interested in having a home birth, possibly unassisted. I had an unplanned c-section with my son back in September of 2008. I had preeclampsia then and the doctors told me the baby was in distress so they sent me right back to have a c-section. I was not allowed to labor at all.

With this baby I just started having blood pressure issues 2 weeks ago. At my appointment today my BP was 144/90 and 132/76 after resting. My OB said that wasn't too bad.

I would like to attempt a home birth with this baby because I want to avoid all the interventions and policies my hospital could possible impose on me and I've also heard of women having better bonding experience when birthing at home. The bonding part is my main concern since I did not get to bond with my son for at least an hour after my c-section. I was the last person to see and hold him plus I was so drugged up for the 1st day of his life I barely remember it.

With my blood pressure being what it is, what is your opinion on me having a HBAC? What are the risks of planning a home birth with high BP?

Thanks for reading this and giving your opinions.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods