View Single Post
December 19th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
Hi, my name is Jesi and I'm not a teenager now, but I did have my first baby when I was 16, I hope you don't mind if I share my story with you guys.

I was 15 when I got pregnant with my daughter, with a guy (19) who I was (and probably in some way still am) in love with. He and his mom and my grandmother wanted me to get an abortion, but I couldn't. My mom and dad (divorced) were very supportive of me and my decision. My dad took me to every one of my appointments and insisted I move back in with him rather than live with my mom. I learned that my mom and my aunt (my dad's sister) had both been pregnant when they were teenagers, but had abortions. I knew that I was going to take care of my baby no matter what. My beautiful baby girl, Micayla, was born on November 1, 2001, 10 days before her due date, I was 16 when I had her. I stayed in school, in fact growing up in Las Vegas some of the school's had day cares, so I was able to continue to breastfeed her throughout the day. Life had changed dramatically, I looked at everything differently. Even her father, he was a bum, a drug dealer, and no care for the future. We were in love, but I loved my daughter more, so I gave him up so that I could focus on bringing her up the way that she deserves. I went through hell when she was 14 months old, people always telling me that I was too young, that I should give her up for adoption. She got really sick and was in and out of the hospital for a staph infection. CPS took custody away from me (I am the only person on her birth certificate) and I fought them for her back and won.
When I was 17 I met another guy who was in the Air Force and absolutely loved me and my daughter. He'd take me to visit her at the hospital every day. He'd take his lunch breaks and pick me up from school and talk to me before going back to work. Eventually we started dating, and I got pregnant again. We got married in June almost 3 months before my 18th birthday. I had my son, Justin December 22, 2003, 9 days before his due date. In January I took my last finals for school and graduated with a diploma (1/2 a year behind schedule) in June.

I've been married for 6 and 1/2 years and we've moved from Las Vegas to Northern Italy. My husband and I had another son, Alan born November 27, 2008, 2 days late. He's still in the Air Force, and I'm still a stay at home mom. But now I'm finally a freshman in college looking to get a degree in history so that I can become a high school teacher some day.

I just hope that all of you teenage moms out there know that life does not have to end because of a baby. I've been through so much hell proving to people that I am a good mom no matter what my age is. Everything I do, I do for my children and I regret none of it. If you ever need someone to talk to about anything I am more than happy to answer any questions. I used to council other teenage moms back in high school.

Scarlett Diane