View Single Post
December 21st, 2009, 01:39 AM
formerly wiseg2
I started hanging around this board a week or 2 ago and I thought I'd take the time to introduce myself.

I'm 20 years old and have a 15 month old son. The reason I would like a home birth is because I believe the c-section I had with DS could of been avoided. It caused a lot of bonding issues with me and my son. Its a really long story but that's what it boils down to. I'm preggo again (not on purpose but what can you do). I'm due March 19th and it is a girl.

My OB is already trying to push for a c-section because of my having high blood pressure and a previous c-section. My insurance will not cover a home birth and there's probably no midwife around here that would consider it because of my blood pressure. So I plan on having an unassisted homebirth with DH. I know there is some risk involved but we've been doing a lot of research on the subject and we feel it is what is best for us and our daughter. I just can't deal with the forced seperation in the hospital from another unnecessary c/s. I believe its my body and my baby and I have a right to the birth I want and to be able to immediately bond with my daughter.

It may seem reckless but I have very good reasons and DH and I are working hard to be well informed when the time comes. Plus if something does go wrong, we know what to look for and we live 5-10 minutes from a hospital depending on traffic and weather.

Anyway that's my story. I appreciate any support but I can understand if anyone believes I'm being selfish or reckless.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods