View Single Post
December 22nd, 2009, 08:05 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmomofmany View Post
Teresa, after four and a half pregnancies with OB care, not having the ultrasound or doppler checks done was hard for me to get used to. I really try to remind myself that whether or not "something happens" has nothing to do with these tests. I'm also not convinced of the safety of ultrasound unless there are clear indications that one would be prudent. I try to remember, too, that it wouldn't be fair to take the risk just to satisfy my curiosity. I do understand the worry, if you really cannot wait the four weeks until your next appointment, please call your mw and explain your worries. My midwives have all made it very clear that they are available 24/7... I'm certain she would not mind you calling her.
I think I can hang in there. I am just trying to keep myself busy. I am not planning to find out the gender so an u/s for curiosity purposes isn't important to me. This waiting was going well, but when I realized I was about to hit the 6 week mark the fears started kicking in again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl33 View Post
I had bad cramping starting Thanksgiving that lasted a week and it just didn't seem right to me. I always get knee cramps with AF cramps since I was about 14 and had water on the knee, so when my knee had the cramps too, I was worried. I ended up having my levels checked after a week of it. Least invasive way. They were really high, so that was a relief for me. You could do something like that.
You know it's funny how everyone is different. I didn't have my hcg levels checked this pregnancy because that stressed me out so much last time around. I am going to try and just chill out and trust that everything is okay. I will feel really good honestly if I make it this whole pregnancy without an u/s.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama