View Single Post
December 25th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
*** UPDATE ***
This is Max!

And here´s a link to more pics for those who want to see them
Picasa Web Albums - Paola - Max

I seriouly cannot believe I already have a baby and how fast it all went!!
Apparently not only did I join the "big baby club" but also the "fast labour club" AND the "no way in hell would I ever think badly of the glorious epidural"!!!!!
LOL

So, Wed Dec 23rd: membranes were stripped (I only knew it worked in the next 24-48 hrs after it was done). Started feeling achy and crampy but nothing much, though def "different"
Since by the 24 @ noon nothing much had happen besides a few regular braxton hicks, I though I'd be among the 33% of those who never had results. WRONG!!!

Fast forward to 5 pm, our friends were at home (we were receiving!!) and I had a strange "need to have a BM now!" feeling. So I go but nop, nothing happened, when I turned to grab some paper I feel this strange noise/movement... Like the first kicks that feel like gas moving and it occured to me it was my water breaking but no gush of fluid was coming out, only a very thick mucous thing.
I stayed 10 min in there to be sure and nothing
10 min later, same feeling. I go again to check and another big mucous thing comes out with a little unwanted water (I thought pee)
2 min later the pain started. First a very painful bh I thought (too long for a contr I was told several times). Then another, then more pain... All in 5-7 mins
So I excused us with our friends and asked dh to take me to the hospital just in case. Everybody else was staying at my house b/c we thought it was a false alarm!!

Got to the hospital at 6:10 pm and I couldn't speak, think or even time the contr as they were coming so close together I didn't know when they started or finished.
What do you know, it wasn't BH, they were real and coming every 3 min. I was 4cm dilated and progressing really fast.
At 7:15 I was at 6 cm and thank God and all the heavens the anesthesiologist arrived with that magical potion they call an epi
The guy had to come from his house b/c he was having Xmas dinner!
My contr were at 2 min apart by then and lasting between 90 and 100 sec (yes, only a few secs between each other!!). It took the guy 3 contr to finish and as of that moment labor became a very pleasant moment!!
I mean, ZERO pain, got to talk to my family in Arg over the phone and dh and I got to enjoy the coming of our child by joking to each other and basically just being there together.
At 10 pm I was fully dilated but since I was more than ok, the dr (yes, MY NEW DR was on call!!! ) asked me to wait for him to descend a little bit more so I didn't have to push that much.
11 pm pushed once to "try", then since it was going great 2 more pushes and Maxime (Max) was born at 23:04 pm weighing 8 lbs 9oz, 21.5" long

So I am still waiting to find out when a contraction starts and ends and the 2 hrs you are supposed to wait before going to the hospital!
LOL

On a bad note, I have a 3rd degree tear but honestly it doesn't hurt nearly as bad as I imagined and it doesn't burn when I pee

Will post a pic when we're home on Sunday

Thanks Tamara for updating everybody!!!!

Last edited by Amazona; December 30th, 2009 at 07:06 PM.