View Single Post
December 26th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Since I'm a newbie in the world of injectables, I wanted to ask my silly questions here. I'm currently gathering prices for my meds for IVF and I am curious whether or not I should invest in the pens or use the vials?

My protocol consists of FSH (still deciding which between Gonal-F, Follistim, and Menopur) for 5 days, then adding in Cetrotide or Ganirelix for 5 (or so) more days along with FSH. I'll be doing 300IU for the first 5 days, then depending on my numbers, the dosage might change (which of course I realize has the potential of wasted FSH if the dosage goes down).

The prices are pretty similar when comparing the prefilled pens (Follistim and Gonal-F) to the 300IU and 450IU vials. Do any of you that have been through this have a preference and reasoning? I'm just looking for some experience and info.

Thanks in advance!!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.