View Single Post
December 26th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I did one cycle of the pre-filled Gonal F and another of both the pre-filled Gonal F and menopur. I'm not sure which I would choose, but here's what I thought of both.

The Gonal F pen is easier in that it's pre-filled, but I really hated using the pen. It's long, so if you have small hands, it's hard to hold it in and then push the depresser in. It makes a click each time you push it in, and I was always nervous that there was more in it. Halfway through my first cycle, DH started pushing it in for me, which made it easier.

That said, although the menopur injection was easier, mixing it was sometimes nerve wracking. I was able to mix it with the Gonal F, but one time I mixed it with the SC to see what it was like. It was the largest injection I have given myself in terms of total liquid and I felt like the injection hurt more (when I could never feel the Gonal F). I'm not sure if I was just used to mixing it with the Gonal F. I also was always nervous that I was leaving some in the vial.

All things considered, if I had to choose, I would do the Gonal F because I think that even though the shot itself is a little harder to give, not having to mix it eliminates one very stressful part of the process. It's a very small needle (I think a 29 gauge) and I could barely feel it.

One other consideration -- are you adding ganirelix in or some other ovulation suppressor at some point?

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
July 2010 IVF cycle: BFP - m/c induced at 8 weeks because of no heartbeat
March 2011 IVF: BFP!!!