View Single Post
December 27th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Administrator
The pens are convenient but if I had it to do over again I would probably want to have them in a vial. I did just the Gonal-F pens, the rest was in vials that needed mixing. I don't know how everything comes. What I didn't like about the pens was pretty much what Addie said. You had to click down on it several times and every time I did an injection I was worried that for some reason I didn't press it down hard enough. Also, what I didn't like was that if you dialed up the dosage and there wasn't enough in the pen for that dosage you had to discard it. I ended up wasting some of it this way. Since it is so expensive it isn't something you would want to waste. If I was drawing it up I would know exactly how much I had drawn up and wouldn't have to worry about that. If you go with the pen keep track of how much you use so you know exactly how much is left in it. And if you aren't totally sure dial it to the most conservative amount of what you think is left in the pen. (I hope that made sense.)

The first time I mixed up the menopur I screwed it up and ended up wasting a vial. It stressed me out at first but once I got the hang of it was really easy. If I did this again I would go with the vials (or whatever was cheaper).

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!