View Single Post
May 14th, 2006, 06:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Lisadear Send a message via Yahoo to Lisadear
sorry I took so long to respond but I couldnt find a video ... instead I found a pic of a finished item along with more explanation if this helps anyone:

Quote:
The spike stitch is merely a single crochet placed 2 or more rows below your working row and drawn up to the height of a standard sc. A SP-2 would be a spike stitch worked 2 rows below, and a SP-4 would be one worked into the 4th row down from your working row (i.e., if you were on the 6th Row of your pattern and you were instructed to make a SP-4, you would work it into the stitch directly 4 rows below, in the 2nd Row.).

Fabric made from patterns of spike stitches is quite thick and stiff, as the spikes are worked all the way around 2 or more rows. As a result it is probably not the best stitch for a lightweight shawl or summer sweater. It is, however, well suited for household items such as pillow shams & hot pads, or accessories like purses and totes.

Spike stitches of various lengths can be used in combination with each other to create geometric patterns in your completed projects. When combined with stripes of alternating colors, the possible results are without limit. To show you what I mean, I have designed 2 patterns that use similar versions of spike stitch patterns, which yield dramatically different finished objects.
[/b]
xxx Lisa xxx

</div>