Topic: New Here :)
View Single Post
January 4th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Kristen I know you I lurk more on this board than post lately because Carries is doing so much better, but we've been through the ringer on her weight. I've read so many of your posts (maybe all) on the DDC, so I feel like I've gotten to know you and Layne pretty well.

I'm sorry to hear that he's struggling, but YAY for re-hitting his birth weight! I know how frustrating it is when you're trying so hard to make progress and it's a struggle, so I just wanted to say that lots of us have been there and come through the other side.

Carrie was consistantly less than 8th percentile until she hit 15 months old and even today at 26 month she's not yet 25 lbs. (just below 20th percentile and sh eats more than I do, it's really frustrating). Her delays are weight related, but are EXTREMELY RARE.

I'm hoping that little guy picks up the pace soon, but if not I'm sure you'll figure out a way to make it work for him. We had to alter bottle nipples and find the right rice/milk combo and lots of differant things to get her feeding as best as she could. It got easier when we intro'd solids, cause thereis SO much you can do to pack on weight when they're eating even baby foods, but I'll be hoping he catches up before then.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."