View Single Post
January 16th, 2010, 05:18 AM
noworries
So, I wrote a post about my first appt. (just an intake appt.) but it disappeared when they did the maintenance the other night. Anyway, I forgot to mention the nurse. While she was nice enough, she was afraid to talk about Eli's birth to me. She kept apologizing when she needed to ask me any questions about it or anything. And then she tells me this story. "My brother-in-law and sister-in-law's first baby had Trisomy 18. Do you know what Trisomy 18 is." My reply "Yes, my son had Trisomy 13." Then she goes on, "well, they had the same thing happen (stillbirth....she was too afraid to say the word) and then their next baby had it too. Even though it's like a 1 in 125,000 chance of it happening again, it happened again to them. But then they went on to have another baby that was fine."

Gee, thanks lady. I've been feeling okay about this pregnancy because the chance of it happening again is so low. But now, because of you, I know that the chance of it happening again is more likely than I first thought. Lovely.