View Single Post
January 16th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Platinum Super Mommy
well, i obviously won't be trying anything this time around, but i was a big fan of red raspberry leaf pills and evening primrose oil (pills as close to the cervix as possible, at bedtime-- when they leak, it's pretty yucky) from 34 weeks on, in my first two pregnancies.
and i went into labour immediately after having sex, and then nipple stimulation (basically twisting back and forth a bit, while i sat in the bathtub relaxing), with my second pregnancy, at 36.5 weeks. she was born very quickly after that, but i know for a fact that my body was VERY ready to have her (i had just seen my OB, and lost my mucous plug-- i was 3cm, and crampy and felt like something was missing, 'down there'-- the feeling of the plug being gone, i always assumed?), and the sex/oxytocin probably wouldn't have done anything at all, if i hadn't been.

good luck hon. i would avoid castor oil at all costs too, personally-- seems people are either for or against it, but i would be worried about side effects, and figure that i would just end up with diarrhea, with my luck, haha~

walking never helped me. i told mike no sex for now, unless maybe we use a condom. i have really been wanting to though, TMI!!!

but hey-- congrats on making it to term this time! that is freakin awesome, considering your last pregnancy didn't make it past your 34th week.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Last edited by justjaQ; January 16th, 2010 at 02:45 PM.