View Single Post
January 19th, 2010, 09:37 AM
KGR1976
Yesterday, I had my NT Scan. The baby was not cooperating. First of all, I have a very tilted uterus, so the tech doing the scan was not happy and actually said accusingly, "You know, your uterus is tilted. It's going to make this very difficult." Uh, sorry...as if there's something I can do about that. So, she kept trying to make the baby move by asking me to cough and by tapping my stomach with the ultrasound thingy. The baby was hanging out upside down, and wouldn't move except to move it's arms like it was waving. Cute! Anyway, after about 1/2 hour, she asked me to go empty my bladder to see if that would help. She poked around for another 15 minutes after that and finally said that I would have to come back since she couldn't get a good view of the neck that she had to measure. Finally just when she was about to give up, the baby changed position, and she got the shot. Everything was measuring great, and the heartbeat was great, too! We got a few other pictures of the arms and legs, but this profile shot is the best one of all of them I guess.

Here's my first ultrasound. It was trans-vaginal (my doctor's office said that do all ultrasounds trans-vaginal before 12 weeks). The baby is measuring 8 weeks, 3 days! Heartbeat was 174. We got to see the little heart pumping...it was amazing

Last edited by KGR1976; February 16th, 2010 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Updating with new pic!