View Single Post
January 19th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I took my gestational diabetes test last Thursday. I found out today that I passed the 1 hour test. Yeah!!!

My appointment last Thursday was interesting. I woke up that morning with a migraine. Fun! Then had to drink that stuff! That made it even worse. Luckily I was able to keep it down long enough to get my blood drawn. Then I threw up. My blood pressure was up 133/90. I think it was because I wasn't feeling good.

I also lost 6lbs. Yes! That's right. I LOST 6 lbs. Oops! My doctor wasn't too happy with that. She said she didn't mind me maintaining (so far I've only gained 10lbs) but she didn't want to see me lost 6 lbs (I was up 16lbs). I have no idea how that happened. I think it had to do with my husband and I cutting back on the fast food. So I've reduced my sodium levels.

I am also still having contractions so I am still on bed rest. Fun Fun! I'm really going crazy here! I've only been to doctor's appointments since the first part of December. And there is no end to the bedrest. Since I've been on bedrest the swelling that I had is completely gone! So that is good news at least. The more active I'm around the house the more contractions I have. So I do know that I need to be on bedrest. At least I can work from home, so that keeps me busy during the day.

My doctor can't really get a good measurement of my uterus. They do the fundal height to see how the baby is growing. 2 1/2 weeks ago I measured 32 weeks (I was 25 1/2 weeks at the time), but last Thursday (28 weeks 1 day) I only measured 30 weeks. My little girl was on my left side and not in the middle so that made a difference in the measurement. My doctor wants me to start seeing my high risk doctor every 2 weeks now for a sonogram. The sonogram will measure growth and will check for dilation. So not only will I be going to the regular OB every 2 weeks (which I've been going every 2 weeks since November) but I have to see the high risk doctor too. At least I get to see my little girl! So that will give me something to look forward too.

Thanks for reading! This is my little update.