View Single Post
January 25th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Super Mommy
Is the pain near your pubic bone??? It actually sounds a bit more like SPD which I had with Joey. Because the round ligament pain for me is more up the sides of my uterus and sharp and sudden when I move or get up to quick. It can be a dull ache when I walk but the SPD is when your pubic bone, the ligament loosens so the pubic bone actually shifts a little and can bump its 2 parts together. I found this pain was worse in the process of sitting and standing...walking, walking up the stairs and down the stairs and turning over in bed...anything that required me to spread my hips open. Something that helped was sitting with one of those heated bean things on my lap or falling asleep with it across my pubic bone. The little things you heat in the microwave...not a heating pad because they can get too hot I think for the baby. I asked my doctor about it and she brushed me off...many doctors don't recognize SPD as a real thing...they just call it round ligament pain.

I'll see if I can find more info on it for you.
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010