View Single Post
January 26th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Riley & Landon's Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Riley & Landon's Mommy
DH & I have decided neither of us want anymore children. After the experience with Landon, I just cannot imagine being pregnant again. I don't want to experience child birth, or pregnancy, or have anymore kids, period. I know that probably sounds pretty harsh, but after all of this, I just can't fathom doing it again. I went through so much with Landon-- it was just too much.

We want to make this a permanent decision. We've tried all sorts of birth control in the past. I have lots of bleeding on the pill/shot/patch. Once on the pill I bled for 3 weeks straight and it was miserable. I thought about getting Mirena, but a friend of mine said one of her friends fell pregnant while she had it and I don't want to take any chances. As for condoms, there's more than 1 reason why I don't want to use them. First, I'm allergic to latex and we have to buy these polyurathane condoms that are super expensive, and secondly, condoms can fail. BIG TIME.

I was just wondering, between a tubal and a vasectomy, which one has the lesser fail rate? And which one would mean a quicker recovery? We want to make 100% sure that whichever one we choose, it doesn't fail years down the road. DH worries that if something happens to him (God forbid), that if I would re-marry, I'd want more children with someone else. But I can't forsee that happening, ever. He's terrified of needles, and I worry about him having the surgery and passing out.

Opinions, please?

**Thank you to BAM for this amazing siggy!!**
Whoever said, 'There's no use crying over spilled milk,' obviously didn't have a child on Alimentum