View Single Post
January 26th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I had a tubal ligation, and it was very painful. The odds are really about the same. BUT- if the man follows up with his dr on his sperm checks, then the chance is really zero to none. He has to make sure that he has zero sperm count.
My DH just had his vasectomy this past Friday. I can tell you from experience that it was a way less invasive surgery, and the key to a man's healing is to stay off his feet for the WHOLE weekend. My DH's doctor has all of his surgery's at a surgery center so they can give a relaxant (Vercid) to help with the tension. It also helps with all the muscles relaxing, and therefore not being so sore. Because if they tense up, then all the muscles tense up, and it causes their recovery to be a bit more painful. His dr also told him that if the vasecomty didn't work, then it would usually happen within the first 3 months. That is usually when it grows back together.
My tubal was a big ordeal, I was put under general anesthesia, and was sore for well over a week. AND I did have heavier periods, etc. It was almost like going through pre-menopause. That is the reason I had it reversed. There is a thing called Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome, too. Not alot of dr.'s believe in it, but it's very real. I have known alot of women that have their tubes tied, to end up having this, and also end up having to have a hysterectomy on down the road, too.
It's just SO much easier for a man to have it done. LOL. Plus, they need to. After us delivering the babies.

Thank you Sara-misfitinmn-for my beautiful siggy!!