View Single Post
January 30th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
Hi, reading some of these stories breaks my heart and yet makes me smile. Hurts for these children to go thorugh so much yet smile because you moms are so strong!!!!!!

I have 2 girls, my oldest is a perfectly crazy obnoxious 4 year old! My little one Avery, is 6 months old and was diognosed at 4 months with bilateral cataracts and nystagmes. Bilateral just means both eyes, nystagmus is a disease that causes her eyes to flutter from side to side and up and down. We hope that it will get better and not be noticable. There is no cure or fix for it.
When she was diognosed she was completly bline excpet some light. She had surgery the following week, one on Monday and the second on Friday.

She now wears contacts every day, and yes I take them and out and put them in daily. lol She can see about 14 inches according to the doctor. She can see shadowing afew feet though. we pray that her eyue sight continues to improve. This may be as good as it gets, but she may have normal vision as well. we just don't know.

She also has modeate reflux and is on prevacid twice a day.

She is currently in ECI (crap deal there!) and will be getting help with the school district soon.

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3