View Single Post
January 31st, 2010, 01:34 PM
So my daughter is eight weeks old and since we came home from the hospital she has been sleeping not only in me and my husbands bed but on my chest! This was not out of choice but out of necessity as it was the only way she, thus I, would sleep. Now, she will not sleep anywhere but on our chest. When we try to put her down she immediately wakes, deep sleep or not. If she doesn't wake immediately she startles herself awake. She HATES being swaddled so that's out. I have tried every trick in the book. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem and if your little ones just grew out of it or what happened?

Another problem is she has the HARDEST time falling asleep, she's obviously tired and crying because she's tired but will not fall asleep. And if she does she wakes up wailing minutes later. It's an hours battle getting her to sleep. For this reason I don't want to try putting her in her bassinet and if she wakes soothe her back to sleep over and over until she is out because if she wakes onceis another half hour at least until she's asleep again.

Any advice would be great. TIA!