View Single Post
February 1st, 2010, 05:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indiana, USA
Does anyone have a special ritual or some activities planned? Share pictures if you can.
Here are some areas and activities related to Imbolc: (if you don't have anything planned yet (like me
), maybe this will give you some ideas)
Deities of Imbolc:
All Virgin/Maiden Goddesses, Brighid, Aradia, Athena, Inanna, Gaia, and Februa, and Gods of Love and Fertility, Aengus Og, Eros, and Februus.
Symbolism of Imbolc:
Purity, Growth and Renewal, The Re-Union of the Goddess and the God, Fertility, and dispensing of the old and making way for the new.
Symbols of Imbolc:
Brideo'gas, Besoms, White Flowers, Candle Wheels, Brighid's Crosses, Priapic Wands (acorn-tipped), and Ploughs.
Herbs of Imbolc:
Angelica, Basil, Bay Laurel, Blackberry, Celandine, Coltsfoot, Heather, Iris, Myrrh, Tansy, Violets, and all white or yellow flowers.
Foods of Imbolc:
Pumpkin seeds, Sunflower seeds, Poppyseed Cakes, muffins, scones, and breads, all dairy products, Peppers, Onions, Garlic, Raisins, Spiced Wines and Herbal Teas.
Incense of Imbolc:
Basil, Bay, Wisteria, Cinnamon, Violet, Vanilla, Myrrh.
Colors of Imbolc:
White, Pink, Red, Yellow, Light Green, Brown.
Stones of Imbolc:
Amethyst, Bloodstone, Garnet, Ruby, Onyx, Turquoise.
Activities of Imbolc:
Candle Lighting, Stone Gatherings, Snow Hiking and Searching for Signs of Spring, Making of Brideo'gas and Bride's Beds, Making Priapic Wands, Decorating Ploughs, Feasting, and Bon Fires may be lit.
* Place a lit candle in every window on Imbolc eve and allow them to burn through the night (Please make sure they are secure in a container and away from any flammable objects)
* Make your candles for use during the upcoming year.
* Make Brigit's Crosses for protection
* Make Bride's Beds for fertility of mind, body and/or spirit
* Add a circle of white candles to your altar, each one representing a goal you would like to achieve in the coming year
* Make Crowns of Light
* Burn paper representations of winter (snowmen, snowflakes, etc) to banish winter
* Leave out food and drink for Brigid (such as buttered bread, milk, grains, seeds) on Imbolc Eve
* Open the door and welcoming Brigit into the home. "Bride! Come in, thy bed is made! Preserve the House for the Triple Goddess!" Scottish Gaelic Invocation: "May Brigit give blessing to the house that is here; Brigit, the fair and tender, Her hue like the cotton-grass, Rich-tressed maiden of ringlets of gold." (Selena Fox)
* Remove Yuletide greens from home & burning them
* Clean your home and yard
* Purify your home
* Burn old Brigit crosses
* Leave a ribbon on your doorstep for Brigit to bless. (It can then be used for healing purposes)
* This is a good time for initiations and dedications (persons or objects). This is also a good time for inner spiritual workings
Missing my angel babies 5/23/02, 5/1/05, 9/6/06, 10/11/06, 3/10/10
View Public Profile
Find all posts by Mommy2Addy