View Single Post
February 4th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Platinum Super Mommy
I had to giggle a bit about your comment about being one of those crazy ladies who gave birth in their living room in a kiddie pool. That was one of my thoughts when I was considering my homebirth as well... and wouldn't you know it... that is exactly how I gave birth... in my living room in a kiddie pool. I guess I came full circle. LOL

Anyways....

I think that you need to think long and hard about exactly is holding you back in your deciding whether or not to home birth. Birth centers are provided with the same equipment that a midwife would bring to a home birth. Obviously if you are going with an unlicensed midwife, that might be different, but normally speaking... a midwife who delivers in a birth center will bring the same equipment to a home birth.

I'm also one to water birth, and have never had a natural birth outside of the water. When I got pregnant my 3rd time, I had a similar decision to make. I had different insurance that didn't cover the midwife or birthing center that I had my 2nd daughter at. The only hospital available to me did not allow water birthing and I had a very bad experience there with my first. So I went with the idea of a home birth. I met with a couple different midwives before to get a feel for it and see if it was a good fit for me.

Lots of luck to you! Please stick around!!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!