View Single Post
February 6th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibigrey View Post
I kindof was really cautious at christmas dinner this year because my aunt and my godmother both were really ill.. neither one like to go to doctor's unelss half dead.. I was really mad that they'd come being that sick, but I just avoided them.

Since its your superbowl party, I would ask them what they had..

This is from CDC website CDC - Seasonal Influenza (Flu) - Q & A: Seasonal Influenza (Flu): The Disease
And is about seasonal flu..

"How long is a person with flu virus contagious?
The period when an infected person is contagious depends on the age and health of the person. Studies show that most healthy adults may be able to infect others from 1 day prior to becoming sick and for 5-7 days after they first develop symptoms. Some young children and people with weakened immune systems may be contagious for longer than a week."
If they had the real actual type A or B flu than you should follow this guideline. My DS had Type A flu last month and our pedi gave me this same rule to follow.

It also depends on if they took Tamiflu or not. If not they may be contagious longer even if they do seem to be feeling better. My ds got it and he had had 2 doses of the H1N1 vaccine and his seasonal flu vaccine so I say better safe than sorry.