View Single Post
February 8th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Super Mommy
Hi Everyone!
I'm Kim, 28, a married mom of 3 dds (ages 6, 4 and 16 months). We are currently renting in MA. We don't like the city we are living in at all, but the rent is cheap. Most of our family is in CT (currently almost a 2 hour drive from us), but some is in MA and NH. In 3-4 years we will be ready to buy a home. It would be nice to be closer to our CT family, but I think it would be even nicer to be WARM! I am so tired of these New England winters! I lived in Jacksonville FL (Atlantic Beach) for about 9 months when I was 18 and I LOVED it there....living by the beach was just awesome...but I'm not sure if it would be the best place to raise a family.
I am looking for someplace warm, with great schools (most important factor), preferably near a beach (30 min or less drive would be great, though living ON the beach would be my dream), and near a bass fishing lake (DH is obsessed lol). And we would be looking to spend $200K or less for a 3+ bedroom, 2 bathroom, 1500+ sq ft home. In the northeast, that criteria for a home is pretty impossible....but I've noticed from looking online that the houses are a lot cheaper in parts of the south (I know that wages must be lower too). I don't know if a place like this exsists, but I can hope!
I've been looking at Oviedo, FL, Raleigh, NC and Summerville, SC....but looking online is A LOT different than actually looking at the area in person. So I would like to gather some info from people who actually live in the south.
I know that 3-4 years is a long time away, and a lot could change between now and then (and I am driving DH nuts looking at houses online all the time) but where can we live that would fit my criteria? Thanks a bunch!