View Single Post
February 9th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
My first had dietary recommendations that she expected me to pretty well follow. My midwife now seems to trust that I know how to handle myself.. I still follow a lot of guidelines the first mw gave me, such as alfalfa and prego tea for supplementation and 2 or 3 eggs per day.

As far as exercise goes, I never exercised regularly for any length of time until after Mary (now 2) was born. At that point I started working out and before this pregnancy I was used to working out 5-6 days a week for about 300+ minutes per week. I reduced the amount I was doing in the 1st trimester out of necessity because I was so (literally) sick and tired. But I've been back to what I was doing before for the last several weeks, and feeling great. I do a combination of cardio, strength training, yoga, and stretching; I try to get at least 30 minutes up to 90 minutes nearly every day. For me, I don't consider my normal household/outdoor chores to be exercise, and winter is a slow time of year on the ol' homestead anyway. In the spring when I have a garden to put in and firewood to help split and stack, I'll probably let myself slack off the exercise to compensate.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!