View Single Post
February 10th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Hi JustBreathe,
I just checked my E-mail and saw that you replied to what I had to say. Thank you very much and it was nice to hear from you! I know you said you were relieved to hear that valium was safe to some degree during pregnancy, but I'm not so sure, unfortunately. I do know that it can cause cleft palate when taken early on in pregnancy, but I'm not sure what else. I was so scared that I weaned myself off my valium entirely a week ahead of the weaning schedule my Dr. had for me. You also wrote that you were afraid of dealing with your anxiety while pregnant, and that's what I'm going through right now, as this was an unplanned pregnancy. I'm not sure how much of it is hormones, withdrawl, or natural anxiety, but lately I've been experiencing extreme nervousness, very rapid heartbeat, crying at every little thing, and sometimes I feel like I can't control my emotions. I've also been getting really angry at times. I met two new people recently, and I got so unexpectedly angry at them (not on purpose!) that they are not involved in my life anymore. This is a very scary and unsure time for me. But in my opinion, you are doing the right thing by planning on weaning yourself off Xanax before you TTC. Xanax can cause the same problems during pregnancy that valium can. I applaud you for what you are doing, and you are lucky to be able to wean off your medication at your own pace, before you are pregnant. I'm not sure how long you've been taking xanax, but I was taking valium for 6 years straight until I weaned off recently. It's very scary to feel so vulnerable to my emotions and to not know what other kind of anxiety symptoms I might experience from one minute to the next. Please reply back if you'd like to talk some more...again my e-mail is: aaborges@students.pima.edu. I'd love to hear back from you if you want to talk or have any suggestions or questions. And sorry my responses are so long, I always tend to overwrite (sorry!) Nice to hear from you,
Aly3