View Single Post
February 11th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Kelty, good to hear from you! If your clothes are fitting differently you must be improving your body composition even if it is in a way the scale cannot reflect. Good for you! Hopefully you can work out a way to get to the gym... I never have trusted group child care, so I'd be right there with you on the nursery. Maybe they were just overwhelmed that particular time, but if it was "chaotic" there'd be no way I'd leave my kids there either.

You know I never was as disciplined as this in my other pregnancies, either. But when I was in labor with Mary, the midwife hadn't yet arrived (she came about 30 minutes after Mary did!), I was in transition, and I had this sudden fear that I was just too fat to hold myself in the position I needed to be in. I was so darn *tired* and it scared me how weak I felt. It passed and she was born just fine, thank God! Any time I was tempted to give up I remembered that fear. That motivated me long enough to see the results and learn to love the exercise. Now I work out every day because I enjoy it. The dieting I will NEVER enjoy, LOL!

And now I'm done "testifyin" LOL!

anyway, to answer your question I'm feeling great. I have an appt. with the midwife scheduled for this Saturday, and I'm excited for that. I don't know why those appointments are always so exciting, her visits are fun anyway though. Today I'm doing some cardio this morning (time for me to get going, actually) and then this evening I'm doing weights for shoulders and arms w/ dh. At least, I told him I'm going to do it and he can join if he wants to... hopefully he will want to, but he's having arthritic pain in his elbows and knees the last few days. I worry about him.

gotta go, have a great day, ladies!

Robert: 19 Raechel: 18 Daniel: 15 Joseph: 13 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 7 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 18 months!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w); Francis (7-4-12 @12w); Charlie (1-19-15 @ 6w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!