View Single Post
February 13th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I can identify with this story. I was a nanny to a little girl for almost a year and it took me awhile to get used to the fact that I wouldn't see her anymore. I had dreams with her in it and wonder what she was doing. My job was cut in a week's time from when the subject was brought up. No transition time. I did see her on her second Birthday and she went to me right away but, I didn't see her again. I don't think often that parent's realize that when you care for a child 40 to 60 hours a week, you're going to form a bond. It doesn't matter that these children aren't our blood, they are effectively being raised by the caregiver. That's part of the reason that I am adamant that no one else beside myself and my husband will raise our children. You can't know the bond and all the in's and out's of a child like a primary caregiver does.

My suggestion for you is if you can't deal with the grief yourself go see your ministry or a counselor to help you work through your feelings. My guess is there's not many that will understand your grief on this level.