View Single Post
February 18th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Super Mommy
Well, we were going to do IUI this month (#6) with injectables and after going in for my baseline U/S they found a 29mm cyst on one side and a 19mm on the other. I was devastated... but this made me do some hard thinking and we decided to pursue IVF. I had already found a clinic and had talked to them a couple months ago (we chickened out and tried IUI again). I set up an appointment which was today and we got all our testing done and I had a sonohistogram which looked good. Cysts are gone and it has only been a week!!! I have one follicle that was 16mm and I should be ovulating in a few days. Dr said I can start Lupron in 2 weeks providing my bloodwork comes back good and start my meds after that!!!! I am a little worried about ovarian reserve due to the fact I only had one follicle on 100iu of follistim for 7 days... he seemed a little concered that I only got one off that much med. I didn't think it was that much med but what do I know??? We will be doing ICSI due to low morph and he said he reccomends it even without low morph. I am sure I will have questions for you IVF girls as I progress! I pray to god this works. We are really only getting one chance at this since it is about $15,000. We could swing some frozen cycles if I get any snowbabies, but not sure about a whole fresh cycle again. I will say I feel a sense of relief. We are giving it everything we have and I just need it to work.