View Single Post
  #5  
February 19th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Daisee37's Avatar
Daisee37 Daisee37 is offline
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 1,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari_B View Post
Oh HUGS! I have totally been there. The whole BCP while TTC thing is just crappy. I hope the next month flies by for you and you are able to start back all refreshed and ready to get that BFP you deserve!



*** On a side note... I looks like we are neighbors. I'm about an hour north of you ***
Where in MN are you?

I don't know if my last RE was really irresponsible, or this RE is just way too conservative. I remember 3 years ago I ALWAYS had cysts after each cycle, and that NEVER stopped us. That RE said as long as the cysts were inactive, we could go ahead with the next cycle. This RE seems unwilling to fo forward with a cycle if there's any cyst above 30mm, regardless of whether it's active or not. The cyst I have now is NOT producing estrogen, so it wouldn't technically interfere except that the RE wouldn't be able to tell on ultrasound which follicle was the cyst vs. which is an active maturing follicle. I'm not sure if I should start looking for a new RE that is more in line with my feelings on this. I really liked how aggressive my last RE was, and it WORKED (I have a son now). But she was in Chicago, and I don't know if I'll find one here that is as aggressive. I don't know if maybe the octomom changed how aggressive RE's will be.

I'm thinking that maybe over this next month I should call around and see if other RE's would be willing to cycle with an inactive cyst, so that if it happens again I can just switch clinics. Since I KNOW that EVERY time I cycle, I get cysts, I don't want to have to take a month off each time. I don't like the idea of switching clinics since the one I go to now is geographically the most convenient, but the doctor just really rubbed me the wrong way on the phone today. He was totally insensitive, didn't really seem to care about my concerns, and absolutely refused to budge in any way. I'm just not sure what to do right now. Maybe give him one more cycle, and then if he decides not to proceed again b/c of a cyst, then switch clinics? Or what about switching doctors within a clinic - is that OK? Or is that frowned upon? I'm so confused right now... I'm really unhappy with what's going on, and I feel like I'm just wasting a month for no good reason.
Reply With Quote