View Single Post
February 20th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Platinum Super Mommy
My birth team has become quite the party... LOL

My midwives and their assistant will be there (so that is 3), then I have my doula and my best friend and the photographer... so that is 6 in addition to me, DH and our three girls. Quite a full house.

I don't mind all these people at all to be honest. What I'm concerned about is the girls. I'm torn on whether or not to have an extra person here to care for them specifically. I don't want DH to feel torn on taking are of their needs and me. I also don't want to use my best friend or doula as a babysitter. I'm sure neither would mind, but its not really my intention to asking them to be there.

Anyways, I was thinking of just asking my MIL to be "on call"... if we end up needing help, she can come over for the girls. I am pretty adamant that I want the girls present at the house, I don't want them being taken out, unless of course they react badly to mommy being in labor. If that is the case, then by all means I'm fine with them going out for an ice cream or something.

Last time I had Kate at 2am, and the girls slept through the whole thing... maybe that will happen this time too and all my worrying will be for nothing.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!