View Single Post
February 21st, 2010, 02:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello! I actually just stumbled upon this part of the jm board.
Sorry to hear that you're having problems. It's difficult to not stress, but stressing will actually make your symptoms worse.
Crohn's is an autoimmune system and it is hereditary. It is a terrible disease; however, there are different levels of severity. You may be going through a flare, things get better.
It is controlled with medications. It stinks, but once you and your gastro have developed a plan of action for maintaining your disease in check you should feel better.
The semi-good news is that even though you may have Crohn's it may just be because that you're flaring, which is also temporary. One thing that you could try is cutting all processed foods from your diet. Even though diet doesn't control Crohn's, there are often times foods that will aggrevate your symptoms when you're flaring.
Your best bet is to read up on the disease.The key is trying to understand how the disease affects your body and realizing when you're going into a flare.
Healingwell.com has a lot of information. You can look there for some information or see what other people's symptoms are. They have a forum part on there. You can read up. Most people there are not pregnant but many have had children so they have experience in that regard.
I hope I haven't thrown too much information at you or freaked you out. Feel better!