View Single Post
February 21st, 2010, 04:56 PM
Platinum Super Mommy
As for towels, you can ask your midwife how many she suggests, I think we had about 6 on hand, and that was plenty for us. Instead of tarps, I bought a few cheap shower curtains and had those on hand. I had them surrounding the birthing tub and on the bathroom floor. It made cleanup pretty easy. When making your bed, put your normal comfy sheets on the bottom, then a shower curtain and then on top put sheets that you don't mind if they get dirty... that way if you deliver in the bed, you aren't delivering on plastic, but sheets. Then your midwife or DH can just strip the bed and you can get right back in on your comfy sheets. We totally meant to do this, but didn't. It is certainly on my list this time, LOL!!

As for foods, I'm all about keeping it simple. have some cheese and crackers and fruit available. Your midwives aren't coming over expecting a meal! Just having some snacks on hand should be fine.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!