View Single Post
February 22nd, 2010, 06:22 PM
Waiting for Chase & Ava!
Okay here's mine.

I had been with my (now) ex boyfriend for quite some time (2 and a half years). We had been having sex for 2 years, and I hadn't gotten pregnant yet. I was on birth control, and we didn't always use condoms but we were young and thought we were invinsible. It was early November and I remember going to bed at 8 at night and not wanting to get up for my alarm at 7. I didn't think anything of it, I just thought school was exhausting me. I had also started having nausea during the day but figured I had a stomach bug or something. One day while I was at school I started throwing up like crazy, so I went to the nurse and she sent me home. I then realized that my period hadn't came yet that month, but that was nothing out of the ordinary since I have had irregular periods for awhile. I waited for another week without a period, and I was still "sick" and tired and a new symptom popped up, my boobs hurt all the time. I knew something wasn't right and I knew in the back of my head that I was pregnant.

I told my mom -who knew we had been having sex for awhile- that I needed to go to the doctor. I told her "I'm pretty sure I'm pregnant" so she took me to the doctor for a pregnancy test. I peed the the cup and waiting for the results was the LONGEST 10 minutes of my life. It felt like hours, not minutes. The nurse came back out and said "Hannah?" and my mom and me went back and she handed us the paper with my results on it. I read the paper and saw the "positive" on there, and somewhere inside of me I was actually a bit happy. I didn't cry. I didn't think my life was over, I didn't even consider abortion. My mom was not mad, she didn't cry either, she just pulled me into a hug and said "We can do this Hannah". I will NEVER forget that moment for as long as I live.

I texted my ex and said "Positive" and he never text me back. I called him a few hours later and it went straight to voicemail. I called him 4 times and he finally picked up and said flat out "We're done. I want nothing to do with you. That kid is not mine". I hung up on him, I did not cry over him. I moved on. I thought of the baby in my belly and how I could raise him/her on my own and did not need help from a deadbeat. From that moment on I knew it was just going to be my baby and I and to be honest, I had no problem with that.

Fast forward to December. I was 8 weeks and 3 days pregnant and went in for my first appointment. They decided to do a vaginal ultrasound to see how far along I really was (irregular periods, remember?) I remember the doctor staring at the screen with a shocked look on his face. His face was as white as a ghost and he said "Don't move, I'll be right back". He came in with an ultrasound tech who looked at the screen and his eyes got as big as saucers. I immediatley thought something was wrong with my baby and started crying. I said "What's wrong, is there something wrong with my baby!?" They said "No, you're having twins". I thought they were kidding and said "Yeah, right" and they turned the screen towards me. There were two little blobs on the screen labled A and B, and I will never ever forget how it felt to see my BABIES for the first time on that screen.

I am now a little over 20 weeks pregnant, and recently found out that my babies are a boy and a girl. I am due on July 10th and cannot wait to finally get to meet my children. I already love them more than they'll ever know. I still go to school, I go to an online high school. My parents are amazing. I honestly do not think I could do this without them. They're already helping me set up the nursery, and my mom is having so much fun shopping for baby clothes.

I never planned on being a parent at 16, let alone the mommy of 2, but to be honest I wouldn't change it for the world.