View Single Post
February 22nd, 2010, 08:42 PM
conley1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love My Joey View Post
Hi Ashley,
I'm Angie and I have a beautiful 4 month old baby boy who definately wasn't planned. His father and I were never bf/gf, it was like a friends with benefits thing and as horrible as it sounds, I really didn't know anything about him. When I found out I was prenant it was a complete shock. I chose to tell the father once I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I didn't want to tell him and then have him try and talk me into getting an abortion or whatever (which is what most guys say at first). So I told him I was pregnant, I was keeping it, and he could choose to be around or not. He was sooooo mad but he got over it and we talked every once in a while when I was pregnant and then once the baby was here he bailed. Now he is trying to be around but I don't know. I think once you know exactly what you want to do you should tell the father. He deserves to know he has a kid and I think every kid deserves to have their father involved in their lives (unless they are bad guys of course). You never know, he could suprise you and choose to be involved. Do you have a way to contact him though if you don't have his number or last name? I'm 21, in college, working, living on my own and I couldn't imagine my life without my son in it. It has it's hard times but I love it...it is sooo worth it. My family was a little shocked at first....just because I had never mentioned this guys name to them so when I told them who the father was, they were like "Who" lol. I would definately expect your family to be shocked but I'm sure they will come around. Good luck with everything and I think thats great that abortion isn't something you could do. I considered doing that but it was out of panic and I'm so glad that I didn't because I could never have lived with that. Sorry this is so long I just like to share my story in case it helps someone in a similar situation. If you ever want to talk feel free...everything will work out.
That is exactly the advice I would give. I would also go to your friends and ask them about the guy you had took interest in, do they remember him, etc. Facebook him if you can't get any real address. A name is truly enough in this day in world. Goodluck!