View Single Post
February 23rd, 2010, 04:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!! I'm so glad you found us!! I'm sorry that it is such a challenge for you right now - i had just gone into recovery when i got preggo with DS after 12 years of struggling with anorexia and bulimia.

How did you all deal with the weight gain without going crazy? I had my doc weigh me backward - and put a lot of trust in him. I got rid of my scale - i ended up gaining a lot a lot of weight because i got gestation diabetes because of the ed...HOWEVER, all the weight ended up coming off after i gave birth (with no ed behaviors) It was a struggle at first when i started getting bigger but i reminded myself that it wasn't me getting fat it was my baby growing - once i had a real baby belly I actually became PROUD of it! Which was a pleasant surprise and shock! I also stayed active in a support group.

Did you return to full-fledged eating disordered behaviors after giving birth? NO, i've had a few moments where i've caught myself starting to slip into ed'ish behaviors - and got myself back out right away.

Do any of you have daughters? Not yet - might be carring one - not sure
Do you worry about passing on the same behaviors? Yes i do