View Single Post
February 25th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies! My name is Tammi, I'm 35 and DH is 36. I've been on the AIP board for a month, and started a TTC journal. However, today I had an HSG and was told that my left tube is completely blocked and the right tube is partially blocked. I don't have endo, so the doctor believes that scarring from my c-section and the 2 infections I had directly following the csection are the likely causes. I was told that I will need surgery or maybe even tubal repair to correct the problem. How many of you have or are dealing with this issue? I was directed to Dr. Levin in Kentucky (only 3 hours from me), as I was told he is one of the leading experts with this. I have a call in to his office.

Another question, when an HSG is done, if there's a blockage, are they supposed to do a followup xray the next day? Because they didn't schedule me for that. I'm also curious as to how accurate the HSG is?

DH and I are looking into surgical options, but will have to pay for it as my insurance does not cover infertility treatments/surgeries. This means we'll have to find financing options or something. We are going to continue TTC, while we go through this, hoping that by some miracle, we can get pg. Sorry for the long post, but I'm hoping some of you Ladies may have some answers or experience in this area. Thanks in advance and I just want to say how much I love JM and all of the support on here.