Question for a friend
View Single Post
February 26th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Texas
One thing to know is that one of the most harmful, BPA, has recently been taken out of NEW products, but not out of old products. I don't think there is a way to detox, but to avoid future contact
-Never heat anything IN plastic
-Never heat in styrofoam
-If possible, don't drink hot drinks out of styrofoam
- Use plastic wraps and cookware made of polyethylene which doesn't contain plasticisers. If the product doesn't make this clear, don't buy it.
- If you buy hard cheese wrapped in plastic use a knife to shave off the surface layer
- When you reheat or cook food don't let plastic wrap touch it.
- Don't wrap food in cling film; use paper instead. Immediately remove cling film wrap from food you buy and transfer them to a bag or container. Better yet ask the person on the deli to wrap your food in paper.
- Don't store fatty food in plastic wrap. Xenoestrogens are lipophilic (fat loving) and will tend to leach into foods with a high fat content.
"I will make it through this because it is for her and for her, I will do anything. I am not brave, I am not strong, I am just Rhiannon’s mom
". Our TTC/Adoption/Pregnancy Blog:
Jump Over The Rainbow
View Public Profile
Visit Lash's homepage!
Find all posts by Lash