View Single Post
March 4th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have posted a little bit in here over the last month or so, but I am just so confused and need help. I've been in here whining before so sorry yet again! =)

I really want a home birth. Our hospital option is a good one. I have a history of low risk, uncomplicated births. Our OB and hospital are supportive of a natural birth. I just don't want to do it there. I am dreading the stay afterwards and once I start thinking about that I start day dreaming of doing the whole thing at home.

But my DH is worried. He understands the stats and knows that the chances of anything going wrong are slim to none especially considering my history. But he is focusing on the .1% chance of something going wrong and not being able to handle if he lost me or the baby. He keeps saying "why fix it if it ain't broke", referring to our current hospital set up.

I can completely agree with him that chances are our hospital birth will turn out fine, no one will bug me and I can have a natural birth in a calm environment. But I can't let go of this romantic notion of doing it at home! I don't want to get in the car and go anywhere, I don't want nurses checking my blood pressure 5 times in the middle of the night after baby is born, I want to cuddle in bed with my new baby and my two older ones too!

I also don't want to alienate my husband. I respect him and look at this as our decision and our baby, so if he isn't on board then I would hate to bowl him over and just make the decision. And he will let me do that. If I insist this is what I want he will give in, maybe reluctantly but he will. If the situation was different, meaning we had a horrible doc that did a million c-sections no matter what then I would push him into it but in that case I think he would be in line for the midwife ahead of me.

What do you think? Do I need to give this up out of respect of DH? Or should I go with a home birth and hope my DH will love the experience when it's all said and done?

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!