View Single Post
March 4th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jillian* View Post
Lisa, you know most doctors just ask you questions to determine if you have anxiety? You tell them you are nervous, they ask you questions, and boom. You are diagnosed and prescribed one of the many mood stabilizing drugs that are on the market.

Trust me, I know the procedure. Regardless, they are DIAGNOSED. This is off topic slightly, but throwing some pills at someone isn't going to make it all better. Medication is only one piece of the puzzle.

And to the poster that said a lot of people with anxiety and depression self medicate - I don't agree with that either.

Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by frgsonmysox View Post
When I first started taking the pain killers Chris would have to be home for me to do it. Now I've built up a tolerance and don't have the crazy head side affects, but it still makes me more calm.
But the difference here is that you have a serious, diagnosed disease. The purpose of the pills is to alleviate your pain, and of course being more calm will be a side effect. Someone who is in constant, debilitating pain isn't going to be very calm. The impression I got from the OP is that these women are smoking pot because they feel like it.

Lisa